Continued Sediment Investigations and Biological Community Assessments:
- Evaluate sediment quality conditions - Fall 2023
- Survey the aquatic vegetation and benthic invertebrate communities – Fall 2023
- Turtle Overwintering Habitat Assessment – Fall 2023 to Winter 2024
- Turtle Basking and Nesting Habitat Assessment – Spring 2024 to Fall 2024
- The project team has created a project on iNaturalist to augment the ongoing biological inventory work and future detailed impact assessment of the Kingston Inner Harbour. Learn how to be involved by clicking here.
Technical Workshop: Weight of Evidence Approach to Risk Assessment and Risk Management Decisions
- A workshop entitled “Kingston Inner Harbour: Weight of Evidence Approach to Risk Assessment and Risk Management Decisions” will be hosted by WSP Golder, on behalf of Transport Canada and Parks Canada.
- The workshop will be held virtually on Tuesday March 29th, at 6:00pm EST and is open to the public. Please send us an email at: KIHproject-projetKIH@golder.com if you would like to attend.
- For those who are unable to attend, the workshop will be recorded and posted on the website in Spring 2022.
Underwater, Non-Intrusive Marine Archeological Investigations
- Nearshore Assessment, Southern Shore (Anglin Bay to Rowing Club) – week of 13 December 2021 (Duration: 2 days). Continuation of fall nearshore archaeological investigations
- Belle Island Nearshore Assessment – Spring 2022, pending access agreements
Continued Biological Inventory Assessments:
- Turtle spring basking and overwintering surveys – Spring/Fall 2022
- Belle Island terrestrial surveys, pending access agreements – spring/summer 2022